1. So just this week I stumbled across this amazing Art for Kids YouTube channel, and I'm kind of obsessed! It's so awesome! Some things are for the under 5 crowd and some are for older kids. If you have children that love to draw I highly recommend. The added plus, in my opinion, is that there is a kid doing the drawing along with an adult, so the actual video tutorials are really cute and fun to watch. Yesterday my girl and I drew a horse on a small canvas, and today after school we plan to paint them. Fun stuff for us to do together! I just had to pass this info along as I know I'm not the only parent looking for safe things for my kids to watch when it comes to playing with technology. It's nice to know everything on the internet isn't bad for kids. ;)
2. I've made this roast twice in the past two weeks! It's not only EASY; it's DELICIOUS! You have got to try this recipe from The Chronicles of Home.
I'm a big time fan of easy meals. Last week I used the leftovers to make shredded beef tacos, and this week they were turned into bbq beef sandwiches! Two dinners out of one easy to make and delicious to eat roast - yes please! Honestly, making this roast makes me feel like mom of the year. It looks and tastes like it's some seriously complicated took-you-all-day to prepare roast but it's like 5 minutes of prep time and you're done! I just can't say enough. But I'm sure you don't want to hear anymore about how awesome this roast recipe is so for your sake I'll stop.
You can find more of my family's favorite paleo recipes here.
3. I hit the dress jackpot for my daughter at Walmart! I couldn't believe the $6.44 regular price! I bought a bunch of different prints but will probably go back for more because at that price you kind of have to hoard them right?! They're just so perfect for school, and with the elbow length sleeve they'll transition well into fall. One hundred percent easy-to-wear cotton with a crew neck in fun patterns at this price - get serious!
Leopard kicks can be found here.
4. I'm totally into the art deco jewelry I've been seeing lately. This necklace is too good for the price!
And just think if you wanted to get all Gatsby for Halloween you'd be totally set! ;)
5. Last but not least, I think I've narrowed down the lighting choices thanks to you all and your amazing thought and opinions!! So, here's a shot - keep in mind this is a progress shot - to show you the faucet on the sink.
Now, with that..........would you go with #3 or #6?
Mixing metals doesn't bother me one bit. I actually kind of like it, but I'm just not sure if the sale price of that lotus pendant is what is pulling me toward the gold? And speaking of World Market sales.........I wish I had somewhere to hang this cutie
because $31.99 is crazy town!!! No way could you diy this for less!
You all have a great 3 day weekend!!!