Well, really she's a garden guest that was invited to live in our back yard by my almost 6 year old daughter.
She needed a home.
At first I thought I could transform a craft store bird house.
But TinkerBell was too big. You can't live in a house that is shorter than you are.
So, I pulled out my hot glue gun and used some wood shims to build her a fairy shack.
Then I covered the roof with flat moss and painted it hot pink with some outdoor craft paint.
And now she lives at 123 Pixie Lane. She climbs the rope ladder to get to work even though she could probably just fly up there.
She works at the Fairy Power Plant............
........where they grow cabbage.
My favorite part is the potting bench.
My daughter's favorite part is the rope swing.
TinkerBell is getting settled in her new home.
There's something magical about this place.
I hope my daughter has lots of fun hanging out 123 Pixie Lane this summer.
I put up a sign to warn the "big people" to be careful in this area of the garden.
That's one check on our summer list!
Here are the deets in case you're wondering and want to invite a fairy to live in your garden:
- house was made from wood shims (we already had)
- flat moss can be found at the Hob Lob ( we already had that too)
- manilla rope was used to make the swing and the ladder (Lowe's) - hot glue works well to hold it together
- the windmill was bought at Michaels, it's actually a bird house but I covered the hole with a broken wood shim - I used a plastic plant container that I spray painted white to make the windmill taller
- the potting bench was also built by hot gluing broken pieces of wood shims
- wood shims were used to make the raised garden bed
- miniature pine cones were painted green to look like cabbages
- small garden marker is a tiny broken piece of a wood shim hot glued to a nail
- the lantern and small plant hook came from a local garden shop
- the table, chairs, terra cotta pots, wheelbarrow, and tools all came from the Hob Lob
- I planted spanish moss, thyme and one little succulent
If you have any questions let me know in the comments!
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust - you had to know that was coming. ;)