If you know me at all - you know that this is just my speed! I rarely have the attention span to make it past an hour. I decided to round up some of my favorite done-in-about-an-hour projects starting with my newest.
I busted this one out in less than 20 minutes yesterday - no joke - it took longer to photograph and write up this post.
First of all, have you heard.......
Duct tape got a makeover.....and she's super hot now! You've seen Nester's wall right? (She used a different brand - but same stuff basically.)
Well, who's surprised that I picked up a roll of gold? No one.
1. Gold Leaf a frame with duct tape!
I've been wanting to frame this old Four Roses advertising print I picked up back in December during a tour of the distilery. I finally got around to it thanks to inspiration from who would have thought - Duct Tape? I wrapped the frame leaving the corners black and then plopped it in my kitchen to greet me when I make my coffee.
If black corners aren't your thing, how about......
2. Adding gold corners to your black frames with rub 'n buff.
Why let your frames have all the fun.
3. Add grosgrain ribbon stripes to a lamp shade.
Want to give your books a new look in less than 5 minutes?
4. Cover your books with fabric.
Looking for a great gift idea?
5. Dress up plain old wooden kitchen spoons.
Want to make recycling fun?
6. Make some colorful bud vases out of soda bottles.
In love with globes?
7. Turn the world into a chalkboard.
Want to spruce up your coffee table?
8. Go Greek Key crazy on a plain wooden tray.
Tired of using post-it notes?
9. Turn a tray into a message board.
Looking to get a custom look out of store bought curtains?
10. Bust out the hot glue gun and add trim to your curtain panels.
Run into some pallets on the side of the road?
11. Create an outdoor reading nook (or dog bed) with two pallets and some cushions.
You can get quite a bit done is about an hour. And thank goodness too - 'cause who has more than an hour lately? School is back in session for my kiddos, and I'm busier than ever!
Thanks for the partay Cassie! Be sure to head over there for more inspiring done-in-about-an-hour projects!