Lisa from Shine Your Light tagged me in this fun little game where you ask 11 bloggers 11 questions and then they turn around and ask 11 bloggers 11 questions and on and on – you get the picture. So here we go yo!
1. What’s your favorite place in the United States?
I really don’t have a favorite place. I love different areas of the country at different times of year. New York City is really pretty at Christmas time. Charleston, South Carolina is a beautiful place to vacation in the summer. The most beautiful fall leaves you’ll ever see are in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.
2. Where would you love to visit that you’ve never been before?
Napa Valley – Have any of you been? I’d love to go there – just me and the hubs – someday.
3. Favorite song you’re loving right now?
I am so embarrassed to admit this but I have to tell the truth. I’m loving the song I Love You Like A Love Song by Selena Gomez. I can’t even believe I just shared that with you all. My girl and I belt it out every time that song comes on the radio!
4. Good book recommendation?
I hate to admit it, but I’m a bit behind with my reading. Last book I tried to read was The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. It was so intense that I only got 2/3 of the way through and stopped. I keep trying to force myself to finish it before moving on to another book.
5. What’s your best quality?
I’m a bright side kind of person – it’s always half full. Some people find this quality annoying, but I really believe that even the bad stuff happens for a reason.
6. What is something about yourself you’d like to change?
Just one thing? I’d like to change a million things. I guess my number one would be to do a better job of managing my time. I’m always running late. It makes my hub furious. I try. I guess I need to try harder. I just always think I’ll be able to get more done in a certain amount of time than is actually possible. This is when my positive outlook can sometimes get me into trouble.
7. What is the number one thing you hope to accomplish in 2012?
I want to learn (like really really learn) how to use my new camera.
8. What is your favorite project that you’ve ever accomplished?
So far I would have to say that my magnetic, chalkboard wall in my entry foyer is my most favorite.
It makes me smile every time I walk through the door. I love doing what I love in my home without regard for what anyone else might think (except for my hub – I guess). It’s totally not what you would expect to find in an entry, especially paired with the wainscoting; but this is why I love it so much. I think mixing things that you wouldn’t typically put together just runs in the blood – I am after all, Puerto Rican, Mexican, and Japanese. 😉
9. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
One of my very best friends spilled the beans and told my hub (before he was my hub) that I had a crush on him. If she hadn’t done this, he might not have had the courage to ask me to go out with him. So, I guess it’s kind of odd that the nicest thing anyone ever did for me was to break my trust, but really sometimes your besties know what’s best for you!
10. Favorite kitchen or home improvement tool?
I’m not sure that this counts as a tool, but I’m a big fan of a foam paint roller. I use them on furniture, trim, and to paint ceilings.
11. What do you enjoy about blogging?
I enjoy so much about blogging. I love connecting with other people that are just as passionate about decorating and creating as I am. I find inspiration in the blog world daily, and I’m beyond thrilled to be a small part of such an awesome community!
Thanks so much for tagging me Lisa! I’m planning to be at Haven too, so she and I will get to meet each other in person!
Now, I’m tagging these awesome bloggers with some new questions, and I hope they play along!
1. Aubrey – All Things Bright & Beautiful
2. Courtney – A Thoughtful Place
3. Cassie – Hi Sugarplum!
4. Megan – Honey We’re Home
5. Danielle – Danielle Oakey Interiors
6. Abby – A Delightful Design
7. Sherry – Design Indulgence
8. Michelle – Ten June
9. Michaela – Michaela Noelle Designs
10. Rene – Cottage and Vine
11. Tiffany – Living Savvy
These are your questions should you choose to play along! Come on – all the cool kids are doing it – peer pressure doesn’t end in middle school.
1. If you had a time machine, where or rather when would you go?
2. Diamonds or Pearls?
3. What’s your favorite movie?
4. When you were a kid, what was your favorite television show?
5. Let’s pretend you found $50 in your couch cushions, what would you run out and buy?
6. What is your favorite color?
7. Why did you start your blog?
8. What is your favorite home decor store?
9. Name one thing in your make-up bag you can not live without?
10. Do you watch Revenge?
11. Will you still be my friend even though I made you suffer through this little game of tag?
Here are the rules:
**You must post the rules
**Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you; then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
**Tag 11 people and link them in your post
**Let them know you have tagged them
Well we made it to the end! I believe we’ve all earned a round of applause!