You had to know that this was coming if you read my post yesterday. By the way, thank you all so much for your funny, sweet and encouraging comments! It feels good to know I’m not alone! Anyhow, I decided to stop running around like a crazy person and sit down to make a list. I obviously need a little focus in my life right now. Before I started making my list of projects I’d like to tackle this year, I took a look back at last year’s list. I made some progress on that list, but I certainly didn’t get everything done. I guess you could say it was more of a wish list than a to-do list. This year I want to be more realistic. I’ve also decided to make a monthly list in addition to the yearly list. The yearly list is more like the goal sheet, and the monthly list is the how-to get the goal sheet done. Makes sense right? I figure if I break things down every month I might just maybe hit all or at least the majority of the following goals!
The 2012 List –
1. The boy’s room must. get. finished. I’m honestly afraid he’ll outgrow the Star Wars theme he requested before I’m done, so I have made this priority number 1. My hub says once a Star Wars lover always as a Star Wars lover, but I don’t want to push my luck.
2. The girl’s room. I have basically done nothing with her room since we moved in other than organize one side of her closet. I want to give her the pretty space she deserves and finally organize the toy side of her closet.
3. The basement needs some love. It was “finished” by the previous owners, but it isn’t really “finished”. You know what I’m saying right? I have lots of plans and ideas for this space starting with the fireplace.
4. Project update kitchen needs to come to its final chapter. All that is left to do is a little trim work and some accessorizing, so I really need to stop dragging my feet on this one.
5. We need to replace our front door. Need to not just want to…..
6. Our landscaping in the front yard could use some help in the curb appeal department.
7. The powder room needs an update. The wallpaper needs to go. Who wants to come and help me take it down? Crickets……..
8. Accessorize the guest room and create a desk area for myself. I’ve been blogging at the kitchen table, but I’d love to have a little work area carved out of the guest room where I can blog in peace. 😉
9. Find a beautiful, affordable light fixture to replace the chandy in the foyer and finish up the last few projects for that space.
10. The hubs and I need nice retreat from the chaos. The master bedroom and bathroom need a little makeover. I’m thinking navy for the walls…..
So there you have it. I’ve decided to stop at 10 because I’m trying to be realistic remember?
Oh yeah, and the monthly list is much shorter:
1. Paint the boy’s room.
2. Paint the girl’s built-ins.
3. Bring in a rug for the eating area of the kitchen.
Okay, ready, set, go! At least now when I’m running around like a crazy lady with a paint roller in my hand I’ll have a little more focus.
What’s on your list for the year? Anyone else making a monthly to-do list? Here’s to a great start, steady progress, and crossing the finish line!
*Linking up with the Nester’s Home Goals Party!