The added, unexpected benefit to being a Beautycounter convert is clearer, brighter skin. Which means I can get by with a five minute makeup routine on hurried mornings and not scare anyone. 😉 Seriously though, this isn’t me humble bragging y’all; this is me sharing the good news because that’s what good girlfriends do. My skin hasn’t looked this evenly-toned and clear since…..well, never. These skincare products are not only free from toxic-chemicals and completely safe to use, but they’re also high performing! So today I’m shouting it from the rooftops because my only regret is that I didn’t discover this brand and make the switch sooner! Even those unfortunate hormonal breakouts that use to pop up monthly seem to have subsided since I switched to Beautycounter. And I honestly attribute that to the charcoal soap and face mask. Two skin care products that have worked wonders for my skin!
While many women outgrow breakouts by their 20’s, I’ve spent the past 2 decades simultaneously combatting time from marching across my face and stamping out what should have fizzled out after puberty. It’s been a lot like battling two totally different enemies. And for years, I just threw my hands up in the air and thought this was just my plight. Until Beautycounter came in like a literal and figural knight in shining armor and saved me from my skincare woes. For the first time in my life, I don’t have to slather concealer on everywhere! Battle wounds are now a thing of the past.
My 6 BFF’s on a Crazy, Busy Morning
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer – It’s kind of like a BB or CC cream but way better! This is probably my favorite product of them all. I quite literally never leave home without it! It provides a sheer, lightweight coverage with the added benefits of both moisturizing as well as protecting the skin from the sun with an spf 20. It’s no wonder it won Allure’s Best of Beauty award in 2015; this stuff rocks! It’s a total powerhouse as it packs an impressive safe ingredient list that both brightens the skin and reduces the appearance of age spots.
- When there’s no time for eyeshadows or bronzer, I use a blush brush to liberally swipe a little color on the apples of my cheeks as well as my eyelids. I like that Beautycounter’s powder blushers come in duos so you get a lighter and a darker shade in one compact. The tawny/whisper combo is my personal favorite.
- Black liner – only on the top – quickly adds definition to my eyes. Beautycounter’s eye pencils have a perfect little smudger on the other end, so you can easily smooth the line for a more natural look.
- Mascara and coffee. Those are basically the only things I need in the morning. 😉 This lengthening mascara also conditions the lashes while you wear it. I like to mix in a drop or two of Lavender essential oil whenever I open a new tube which helps to promote longer, thicker lashes.
- This is seriously the best brow pencil I’ve ever used! The built-in brush wand smoothes and blends the pencil line for a totally natural look.
- Last but not least, my go-to sheer lipstick in Terra is the perfect everyday color. It’s a great neutral that reads more blush than brown. Although I’m admittedly obsessed with all of Beautycounter’s lipsticks and glosses! I don’t own any other brand. This is the only one I trust, and it’s the only safe lipstick I’ve tried that feels as good on as it looks.
But while my 5 minute makeup routine packs a serious punch in terms of making me presentable to the world, the real star of this show is my skincare regimen. If you’ve been on the fence about making a switch to using safer skincare/ beauty products for fear that they may not work as well, I’m here to tell you the proof is in the results!
Join the Safer Beauty Tribe!
If you want to learn more about which toxic-ingredients to steer away from and how to source safer alternatives join my Safer Beauty Tribe! Once a month tribe members receive a free informative e-newsletter thats packed with all kinds of great safer beauty tips as well as Beautycounter product highlights and promotions. The aim of the newsletter is to equip the tribe with the knowledge to be able to read product ingredient labels so that they can make more informed, smarter, healthier choices for themselves and their families. Because you can’t do better if you don’t know better.
To join enter your e-mail below.
Learn more about the Safer Beauty Tribe by clicking here.
From now until the end of June with any $50 purchase from my Beautycounter you’ll be entered into a drawing for a free Lengthening Mascara! Extra entries for sharing a photo of your Beautycounter products on Instagram with #thesaferbeautytribe! Winner will be notified by e-mail.