Hey friends and Happy Friday! I’m really looking forward to the weekend. I’m planning to finish up the powder room (that has been dragging on forever hasn’t it?!), make my girl’s Halloween costume (nothing like the last minute), and have a Black List marathon with the hubs Saturday night (we’ve just started season 1) and……………..Sunday’s my birthday! Woohoo! Let the birthday weekend festivities begin!
Hey friends and happy Friday! I can’t say thank you enough for all of your kind and supportive comments about our sweet Jake. Your words were such a great source of comfort and really lifted our spirits. My whole family thanks you!
Is it just me or can you hardly believe it’s August 1st?! I mean, wasn’t the 4th of July like yesterday? This summer just flew by way too fast!
I mean, but how cute is it? It’s a toy for k-cups……me likey!
5. Last but not least I’d be a bad girlfriend if I didn’t remind you that you only have 3 more days to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Personally, I think this peacoat is by far the best deal of the whole sale! Obviously I’m partial to red, but it comes in other colors too……and I just may have to snag a white one as well………hey, it gets REALLY cold here in Kentucky…….multiple coats are required right?!
* affiliate links used
Hey hey friends and happy Friday! We only have a few more summer weekends left before school starts, so I plan to really enjoy every single one of them! Today my little girlfriend is getting her haircut (she wants bangs like her momma!), and then we’ve got plans to hang with friends at the pool. Yay for Friday!
|(Yes, my son is wearing a Pokemon hat……….I can’t make this stuff up folks.)|
If you’ve never been to Julia’s blog before, you are in for a real treat! Her home is beautiful!
Happy Friday friends! This morning I sent my kiddos off for their last day of school! We’re all ready for summer!!! Come 3pm today I’ll officially be in vacation mode. Too bad I can’t ring for room service. 😉
|summer party in a bucket – gift idea|
|thyme in a jar – gift idea|
Hey hey friends and happy Friday! I’m so excited for the weekend. Not only is it Mother’s Day weekend, but my sweet 9-almost-10 year old boy has made the decision to get baptized this Sunday at church. I think I need to buy some waterproof mascara. Ha!
Hey friends! Happy Friday! There’s a lot on my mind this morning, so let’s get right to it!
1. Well I thought I’d be sharing Halloween photos with you today, but our trick or treat got moved to tonight. They said something about the weather being a concern, but it barely even rained. Boo! My girl and I were not happy.
But we’re excited for tonight!
2. My hub and I had such a great time celebrating our anniversary and my birthday in Minneapolis last weekend. I’d never been there before, but my hub has visited many times. It’s a quick flight from Lexington, and it’s not as touristy as NYC. I have wanted to see Wicked for years (after having read the book), and he surprised me by planning this trip so I could finally see it. I loved it! But I have to say, if you’ve never read the book you really should. There’s so much good stuff in the book that gets glossed over for the show.
We also enjoyed checking out the Mall of America, which has a huge amusement park right in the middle! We had to ride at least one coaster, so of course my hub picked the scariest one!
This may sound silly, but it was a total highlight to shop in the 3 story Target! And of course, I also enjoyed lots of really good food. I never got a pic in Hell’s Kitchen but oh my word – it is gooooooood!
After a few days away from my little people, I was glad to come home and celebrate my birthday with them. There’s nothing better than hearing your kids sing Happy Birthday to you.
3. These slice and bake paleo chocolate chip cookies (pictured above) pretty much rocked my world. I’ll be ordering them again for shizzle.
I hope you all have a great weekend! I’m looking forward to something a bit more restful………maybe.
1. I found my first grey hair the other day! And I’m not going to lie – I freaked out!!!!! What the what?!?!?!? I plucked it. I probably shouldn’t have done that right? I just had to get rid of the evidence immediately, but now I’m wondering if I’m going to wake up completely grey tomorrow? I’m really not looking forward to grey hair……wrinkles I can handle, but grey hair………no……not happy about it.
2. I’ve been taking it one day at a time, but every day I’ve been decrapifying one area of my home/life. My pajama drawer has never looked this good!
And a favorite t-shirt that I thought was lost – was found! Woohoo!
3. Being a parent is a blessing. It’s the hardest job in the world – makes your hair turn grey 😉 but there are moments of pure awesomeness, for lack of a better word, that make you just explode with gratefulness. My son said to me the other day – “Mom, I think life is like a puzzle. We have all the pieces, but without God we just can’t figure out how to put them all together.” Out of the mouth of babes……I don’t deserve to be his mother, but I’m really glad I get to be.
4. Over at The Chic Site I got to interview one of my favorite bloggers in all of blogland! Meeting her at the Haven Conference this past summer was definitely a highlight for me! She’s totally the real deal, and I just know you’ll love what she had to say – so be sure to head over to read the interview.
5. I have to give a local shout out to one of my favorite vintage shops here in Lexington – Street Scene, where I recently scored this leopard coat and red velvet heels! My leopard obsession knows no bounds, but really how could I pass this up?!
I have no idea why my hand looks like a claw? Maybe because I would have clawed anyone who tried to take this coat away from me? 😉 #leopardcrazed But seriously, they have the best stuff and they’re right next store to Coffee Times – oh and Another Man’s Treasure is moving in across the street! It’s going to be a shopping trifecta!! I believe in supporting local shops, so wherever you live this weekend give some local love.
Have a great one! Be back Monday to show you another, while I was decrapifying project……..it leads to doing stuff – really, you should try it!
1. Don’t you love it when your hub says to you…..hey babe let’s start a monthly wine night with our friends……and you’re like…..okay, that sounds fun…..then weeks pass and you don’t hear another word about it……..then he comes home on Tuesday night and says……..hey, don’t forget our wine night is this Friday……and you’re like wait, what?……..and he says,”yeah, remember we talked about it a few weeks ago?”…..and you say,”but we never set a date or sent out invites”…..and he replies, “yes we did, and I texted everyone about it 2 weeks ago.” Isn’t it just awesome when that happens?!
2. Um, have you seen this new sweatshirt from JCrew?
I need it! My birthday is next month – mom, are you reading?
3. If you’re looking for a quick and easy project you can do while watching your favorite television show this fall – check out this wood shim centerpiece I shared over at Infarrantly Creative!
4. This little guy is rocking my world.
He’s so sweet and spunky! He’s got attitude for days, and I love it. But I’m sooooo tired! I forgot how much work a puppy can be.
5. Since I’ve got fur babies on the brain, I’ve fallen completely in love with this dog bed Kristin made!
Seriously, how cute is it? Now, if I could just learn how to sew.
Have a great weekend peeps! I’ve got some cool news coming up this Monday!
2. Late tonight I’ll be flying back home from the conference, and then first thing on Saturday morning I’ll be flying out to Hawaii with my family. I’m. so. excited. (not like Jessie Spano -but kind of) Best summer ever!!! I’ll be the girl with a giant black and white striped hat and an umbrella in my drink. 😉
3. I shared a bunch of things I’m loving lately over at This, That & Life. Can you guess what’s #1 on my love list? Head over to find out!
Have a great weekend! I have something major planned for Monday, so y’all come back now ya hear? 😉 I have no idea where that came from – but let’s just go with it – it’s Friday – why not?
1. I hope you all had a Happy 4th of July celebration with your family and friends. I spent much of the day packing for our summer road trip. In fact, I’m probably on the road right now as you’re reading this. First up, we’re headed to Richmond, VA where we lived for about 3 years, and where both of our kids were born. We’re visiting our old neighbors who became our best friends. Then Monday morning we’re heading down to Kiawah Island, SC. Woohoo! I. can’t. wait!
2. Yesterday I shared this easy diy project over at Infarrantly Creative.
3. Next wednesday we’re partying Ralph Lauren style. It’s the 3rd installment in our summer style soiree series. I hope you plan on joining in the fun! Ralph Lauren is my all time favorite!
4. Obviously I’ll be a little out of the blog loop next week as I plan on leaving the computer at home – say what?!?!?! Yes, I’m taking my phone and my camera but no other technology is allowed. So, I have a few things set up for you next week but don’t throw a hissy if I’m not quick to respond. Go ahead and imagine me like this and try really hard not to hate me too much. 😉
Because obviously I look that great in a bathing suit – ha!
1. Mad Men has been majorly disappointing to me so far. What do you all think?
3. If you follow me on instagram (Carmel_ourfifthhouse) you already saw this little sneak peek.
This is just one of the diy projects my dad has helped me with during his visit. Well, okay, “help me with” isn’t really an accurate description – it’s more like – he’s done it all on his own while I’ve been playing the role of supervisor, painter and water girl. 😉 It’s almost done, and I can’t wait! I think I may be more excited about it than the kids! #wheresmyswing #moveoverkids #myturn
1. Jennifer reupholstered a whole dang sofa! Yes, I said reupholstered!
It’s amazing, and she has me thinking about wanting to try my hand at reupholstering something other than just a seat cushion.
2. Janell is saying goodbye to House of Fifty Magazine. While I’m sad to see it end, this post is truly inspiring.
3. All of your comments and emails on yesterday’s post were so encouraging and uplifting! Thank you all so much!
4. There’s still time to vote for my project in the Homes.com Crafting for Charity event!
In fact there are two ways to vote each day until the contest ends on April 24th. Once by clicking the vote button next to my art desk project, and twice by filling out the entry form for a chance to win $500 – you can vote by clicking here!
5. I’m sure you’ve seen this Toyota commercial by now. I love it! Social media is fun, but real life happens when you close your laptop and set your phone down.
Here’s to wishing you a happy weekend of real living!