I’m really passionate about staying away from chemically laden skincare products which is one reason I’ve added more Beautycounter products to my line-up. I was just so in love with their makeup products that I had to try their skincare products as well. I love that with Beautycounter there is no guessing or agonizing over reading ingredient lists. I also really love the fact that they make safe products that are equally effective. So there’s no sacrificing results for safety. If you’ve been wanting to switch to safer skincare products or you’ve been wanting to try Beautycounter but were hesitant about the investment or about ordering online, I have some really exciting news to share! Beautycounter is coming to TARGET!!!!! *she says in her best Oprah voice*
It’s only for a limited time. So set your alarm clocks and get your game face on. 😉 Monday, this Monday, as in September 12, Beautycounter’s limited edition collection for Target will hit stores! This is such an excellent time to get your hands on these absolutely amazing yet totally safe skincare products. This limited edition run will boast smaller sizing with a lower price point (priced the same per ounce, just smaller packaging) making it feel like less of an investment to try something new. With this Target promotion on the horizon I thought I’d share my nine skincare essentials with you, seven of them are from Beautycounter. And most of them have been included in the Target collection!
- Y’all I feel about coconut oil, the way the dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding feels about Windex. Coconut oil works for just about everything from cooking and getting gum out of hair to moisturizing and removing make-up. It’s natural, inexpensive and highly effective. I scoop it out of a big jar I keep in my kitchen pantry to put in this little amber glass lidded jar I bought at Whole Foods, which I keep in the medicine cabinet in my bathroom. I use it everyday to remove my eye make-up and to moisturize my skin after a shower or bath. It’s the bomb.com. If y’all haven’t tried it. You’re welcome for introducing you to awesome.
- The charcoal cleansing bar is just, well, I can’t say enough good things about it. It detoxifies the skin without drying it out, making your complexion clearer and brighter. I use it morning and night. And one bar of soap typically lasts for about 4 months. My twelve year old son uses it daily too. It’s safe and gentle, yet is perfect for puberty troubles.
- Nourishing Cream Exfoliater is the best facial scrub I’ve ever used. Period. Non-abrasive jojoba beads slough off dry skin revealing smooth, radiant skin. I use this scrub 2 to 3 times a week in the morning. A little goes a really long way. All you need is less than a dime size. The more oily your skin the more often you can use it. Exfoliation is the key to healthy looking skin. It’s also essential to the effectiveness of your moisturizer. You have to remove that top layer of dead, dry skin for your moisturizer to do it’s job.
- If you’ve ever used a toner and felt like it left your skin feeling super tight and dry, you will love the Nourishing Rose Water Mist. It’s a skin softening toning spray that hydrates the skin leaving it feeling soft and supple. I use it twice a day after cleansing, just before applying moisturizer. It’s also great to use to set your makeup.
- Argan Oil, aka liquid gold, has been my daily AM moisturizer for many years. I’m still 100% happy with it. One to two pumps is all you need and it soaks right into the skin. If you’re going to use a different brand, be sure to look at the ingredients to make sure it’s 100% argan oil.
- At night I feel like I need something a little heavier in the moisturizer department, so I use Nourishing Night Cream. It leaves my skin feeling silky smooth, and when I wake up in the morning my skin feels hydrated.
- The older I get the drier my skin becomes, especially in the colder months. Just me? I love mixing this Hydrating Face Oil in with my night cream. It moisturizes and boosts radiance while leaving the skin feeling silky, soft to the touch. It’s easily absorbed by the skin because of it’s blend of pure plant oils.
- My eye area is where I need the most help. I’m a huge fan of this Rejuvenating Eye Cream. It helps with puffiness, under eye circles and fine lines. It’s the closest thing to a miracle worker I’ve witnessed here on Earth. 😉
- Last but not least is the amazing Purifying Charcoal Mask. It’s a mineral rich mask that gently exfoliates while drawing out impurities and soothing the skin. It really gives you that spa like experience in the comfort and convenience of your own home. It improves the overall condition of your skin by refining pores and increasing elasticity. Plus it smells of peppermint yummy-ness. I use this mask once a week. And it may sound silly, but it’s a weekly ritual I look forward to. Self-care is so important ladies! You spend your whole life taking care of others, you should spend some time treating yourself with that same level of care!
So those are my nine skincare essentials. I try to keep my routine fairly simple, but I do think taking care of your skin is an important aspect of your overall well being. If you’re looking to start switching to safer beauty products I can’t sing Beautycounter’s praises enough! Be sure to check out their collection at Target, or visit their site to learn more and to order full size products! Check out my favorite makeup products here.
If you’d like to join in Beautycounter’s mission to get safe products into the hands of everyone and would like to learn more about how to become a consultant on my team, feel free to shoot me an email at Carmel@ourfifthhouse.com!